RSS

Pages

Wedding Plans that Turned Sour

What will you do just in case your wedding plan got spoiled or turned sour? Well I guess there is nothing more painful than that, being left alone or something bad happened along the way that both the couple decided to call it "quits".. I still cannot understand the main reasons why it will just end like that after all the preparations have been done. Some people are not yet sure about themselves tying the knot but what is much more horrific is to waste everything from emotions to money.


Good for these Men, they were still able to wear their Wedding Gowns! Just looking Silly
despirate men

It didn't happened to me, I mean not in the way that I and my beloved has called it quits, but it was my parents who didn't want to continue our wedding plans since their idea of a wedding was grandeur and we can't level ourselves to the same expectations like they do. It was really painful for me to accept that the very people who cared for me didn't support my ideas of a wedding plan. It has been less than 6 months that we planned for it. We finished preparing our wedding invitations as I have showed here. I was talking online with the caterer and asking also to reserve the venue for the reception since for us, it will just be a simple and private wedding, nothing too fussy or extravagant as long as our pocket can afford.
We planned to invite 50 to 60 pax only but my parents don’t want. By the way, I and hubby were already married in Civil rights for almost 4 years so it was just our idea to celebrate our coming wedding anniversary as we take our short vacation in the Philippines. But things as I have planned didn’t go well, my happiness got cut short because my parents would not understand the meaning of a “Simple and Private wedding” without inviting the whole town or neighborhood. They are ashamed of what other people would think, they are afraid of what others may say to us since if one was invited and the other was not particularly their “kumares” and “kumpares”, then they will think negatively on me.
So sad that in the Philippines when you say wedding invitation, even if you reserved them seats, they would tag along someone with them. My hubby does not relate since he is a foreigner so I was the one who was taking this seriously. I already told my folks so many times on why they would bother if people would crowd, I told them that I limit my invites as I set every guest their table numbers and reserved seats for example in the invitation, you would include reserved seat(2)… Anyway, if there is a will there is a way. I believe on that saying but I keep on hearing a lot of things, alibis and such scenarios with my folks so in short, they really don’t want me to pursue my wedding plan.
It was devastating for me, it was first week of January that I talked to them about it but they turned my offer down. Now that I am going back for a short vacation and I hubby still thinks if we can still have it there even just a renewal ceremony, maybe I would be happy, but not too excited since my DREAM of a WEDDING is still a BIG QUESTION MARK.
The problem with Civil Wedding in India is that they don’t allow picture taking so I don’t have any remembrance of our big day. I didn’t feel being married but I have no problem with my relationship as a wife to my husband. I am still on my verge to continue my blog even if I was not granted this year what I am hoping for. To the bride-to-be’s here who have read my post, Well, be strong you can make it! For me, I can still hope for it to happen.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This policy is valid from 12 January 2011 This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact weddingcookiesandcream.blogspot.com. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org